Liberal gun grabbers not only try to pretend that the 2nd Amendment doesn’t exist, they like to augment their fantasy world by making up gun-related stats to reinforce their unconstitutional gun control agenda.
Billionaire freedom-hater Michael Bloomberg not only claims that 21 students are shot every day, but also blames this made-up statistic on President Trump. It is Bloomberg’s contention that Trump is directly responsible for 21 students getting shot every single day and that’s as BS as it sounds.
Not only does Bloomberg claim that 21 students are shot every day, he also lies that there have been 263 school shootings since Trump took office. He’s blaming Trump for two things that aren’t even remotely true.
We can fact check Bloomberg’s bogus stats very easily:
- In 2019 there were zero mass shootings at a school and a total of 9 shootings at a school or university.
- In 2018 there were 2 mass shootings at a school and a total of 3 shootings at a school or university.
- In 2017 there was 1 mass shooting in a school and that was the only school shooting of the year.
- Now let’s move on to Bloomberg’s claim that president Trump is responsible for this make-believe school shooting epidemic with the most important stats of all:
- The number of gun control bills that have reached President Trump’s desk is zero.
- The number of gun control bills that President Trump has vetoed is zero.
- The number of bill Congress has proposed that would stop insane people from shooting up a school is zero.
- The number of laws that Congress has proposed that would stop convicted felons and underage gangbangers from illegally acquiring guns is zero.
The thing is, Trump is President of the United States and not a member of Congress. He can sign bills into law, but he can’t actually create laws.
21 students are shot every day—because of Trump’s unwillingness to act. Between protecting the NRA and our children, he's made his choice. Which is why we need to beat him. pic.twitter.com/qUXTKxXWow
— Mike Bloomberg (@MikeBloomberg) December 16, 2019
[table id=6 /]