First thing first, I would like to offer my condolences to Holly Marie Combs for the loss of her grandfather.
“Charmed” alum Holly Marie Combs is holding President Donald Trump accountable for the death of her grandfather, whom she described as a Trump supporter who died from the coronavirus.
Normally I would never even address this story knowing people sometimes lash out when grieving, unfortunately, Holly Marie Combs feelings aren’t facts.
On Monday, Combs announced on Twitter that her grandfather contracted COVID-19 and died after Trump downplayed the risk of the virus in its early weeks in the United States.
“He voted for you. He believed you when you said this virus was no worse than the flu,” Combs tweeted. “He believed every lie you muttered and sputtered. He died today from Covid-19 one day after his 66th wedding anniversary. You’re a disgrace to the human race.”
My grandfather died today. He voted for you. He believed you when you said this virus was no worse than the flu. He believed every lie you muttered and sputtered. He died today from Covid-19 one day after his 66th wedding anniversary. You’re a disgrace to the human race.
— Holly Marie Combs (@H_Combs) April 27, 2020
Place the blame on those who deserve it.
I will not ever claim President Trump was perfect, nor that he could have done things differently.
I’m sorry, the last time I check not only President Trump could not see what was to come, but apparently, the Democrats couldn’t either. Nor could the World Health Organization.
The media and La La Land liberals 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful tool to bash President Trump over-the-head with…As long as they overlook their own lies.
Coronavirus Facts Don’t Change
- Jan 14, WHO declared no evidence of human-to-human transmission of the virus.
- Jan 31, Trump bans travel from Wuhan, press cites “experts” claiming it is counterproductive.
The moment President Trump issued the travel ban the Media, Joe Biden and Democratic leaders like Chuck Schumer labeled the President Trump a racist Xenophobe.
- Feb 9, NYC holds Chinatown parade with assurances of no danger from the mayor
- Feb 23, 1st evidence of community transfer within the U.S.
- Feb 24, Pelosi says to shop more: “‘Come to Chinatown … come join us”
- Feb 25, Democrat Mayor lets Mardi Gras go on as usual.
- Feb 26, Pence takes over task force, daily briefings begin.
- Feb 28, Trump holds his last Rally in South Carolina.
- March 1, just 42 confirmed Coronavirus cases, 2 deaths in the U.S.
- March 5, NYC mayor de Blasio encourages New Yorkers to go to the movies, rides the subway to assure people it is safe to do so.
- March 9, Joe Biden holds his last rally in Detroit.
- March 11, WHO acknowledged a pandemic scale virus on March 11
As you can see neither party acted as if they were Nostradamus reincarnated.
President Trump did what he could do. If Holly Marie Combs needs to lash out at anyone then she should start with the press.
Here are a few MSM “Trump Calls Coronavirus A Hoax” headlines
Combs’ issued her tweet in response to a tweet from Trump, where he denied calling the coronavirus a “hoax.”
I’m sorry if she felt it was wrong for the President of the United States to defend himself against the dishonest lying mainstream media(MSM).
But the fact remains that on February 28th MSM spent the entire news cycle falsely reporting: “President Trump calls the Coronavirus a Hoax”.
- Politico: Trump rallies his base to treat coronavirus as a ‘hoax’
- MSNBC: Michael Moore: Trump calling coronavirus a ‘hoax’ is ‘dangerous’
- C-Span: Trump: Coronavirus is the “new hoax”
- Daily Kos: Trump calls COVID-19 a “Hoax”
- PoliticalWire: Trump Tells Supporters Coronavirus Is a ‘Hoax’
- TPM: Pompeo Refuses To Deny Coronavirus Is ‘Hoax’
And that’s just on page #1 on Google!
Being a responsible journalist, I left out many of the headlines that, while factual, still twisted what the President said in order to give their readers the impression that Trump called the coronavirus a “Hoax”.
An example: Trump calls Democrats Coronavirus Their New “Hoax”
Trump Fulfilled His Responsibility As President
At times governors criticized President Trump, but both Republican and Democrat governors also praised him for doing what he could and helping their states deal with the impending pandemic.
New York Democrat Gov. Cuomo: “His team is on it. They’ve been responsive late at night, early in the morning, and they’ve thus far been doing everything that they can do and I want to say thank you and I want to say that I appreciate it.
California Democrat Gov. Newsom: “He returns calls, he reaches out, he’s been proactive. We got that Mercy ship down here in Los Angeles. That was directly because he sent it down here. Two thousand medical units came to the state of California. These FMS, these – these field medical stations – and that’s been very, very helpful.”
Florida Republican Florida Gov. DeSantis: “The president has been outstanding through all this. The vice president’s been outstanding. Members of the coronavirus task force, very responsive.”
Again, I would like to offer my condolences to Holly Marie Combs for the loss of her grandfather.