While a new round of BLM, Antifa rioting broke out last night across America over the decision in Kentucky NOT to bring murder charges against the police officers involved in the raid that killed Breonna Taylor, a new AP-NORC poll finds support for the Black Lives Matter supposed ‘Peaceful Protests’ plunging.
The latest poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that Americans are increasingly against whatever it is that BLM has been trying to accomplish.
Only 39% now approve of the tactics being used by Black Lives Matter in response to supposed police violence against Black Americans, which is down from June, where a majority of Americans (54%) approved.
Shockingly, AP’s new survey, which was conducted Sept. 11-14, showed that the disapproval for the Black Lives Matter protests lost support in nearly equal amounts in both Whites (19%) and Blacks (18%).
Are The Police Targeting Blacks?
In late May, the footage of George Floyd’s death by Minneapolis police officers kneeling on his neck triggered nationwide unrest in which hundreds of thousands of Americans protested against supposed systemic racism and police brutality.
But this new June AP-NORC poll when compared to the first survey taken just days after the killing of George Floyd, which in tuern renewed focus on Breonna Taylor’s death, found that the percentage of Americans who believe police unequally target Black Americans has also fallen.
Overall, Americans are now less likely than they were in June to say deadly force is more commonly used against a Black person than a white person, 50% vs. 61%.
And that also goes for Americans believing Police officers who cause injury or death on the job are treated too leniently by the justice system compared to June (52% vs. 65%).
Are the BLM Protests, Peaceful Or Violent?
Almost from the start, the Democrats through their mainstream media cohorts were pushing the claim that these BLM protests were Peaceful, and the June poll showed that a majority of both Whites and Blacks bought into their nartrative.
But this new September AP poll shows that Americans are no longer being hoodwinked by the media’s claim.
A majority of America now believe these these BLM protests are no longer ‘Peaceful,’ but rather a mixture of being both placid, and violent.
Other Interesting Numbers Taken From The AP-NORC Poll
The AP-NORC poll of 1,108 adults was conducted using a sample drawn from NORC’s probability-based AmeriSpeak Panel, which is designed to be representative of the U.S. population.
The margin of sampling error for all respondents is plus or minus 4.0 percentage points.
- Amoung White Americans 25% approve of the protests now, while 50% disapprove. In June, the numbers were revesed, 53% approved, while 34% disapproved.
- Among Latinos, just 31% approve, compared with 44% in June.
- Amoung Black Americans 63% support the protests, down from 81%, with more now saying they neither approve nor disapprove.
- Among Republicans, 75% say they disapprove of the protests, up from 56% in June. Just 9% approve, down from 29% then. And more Republicans now describe protests as mostly or all violent, 52% vs. 36%.
- Among Democrats, 70% approve, and close to half describe them as mostly or all peaceful. Still, roughly as many describe them as a mix of both.