The governor was photographed sans mask during a Providence restaurant’s “wine and paint” event last Friday, just days after she lectured Rhode Islanders to stay home “except for essential activities” and wear a mask “anytime you’re with people you don’t live with.”
3rd time she got caught maskless.
First time was at at BLM "protest" in Providence in June. She was so excited to speak she "forgot" her mask.
Second time was on Block Island during the summer. She was maskless taking a photo with a supporter indoors.
— Kwisatz Haderach HappyMerlot (@HappyMerlot) December 17, 2020
Rhode Islanders have flooded social media with posts condemning her hypocrisy, many noting it’s not the first time Raimondo thought she was better than every other Rhode Islander.
However, Raimondo posted a ‘sorry, not sorry’ tweet on Sunday saying that she had tested negative for the virus twice. of course,
The photographer, Erica Oliveras, insists she had no idea the shot would garner so much negative publicity and has struggled to make excuses for Raimondo to local media. “She only took her mask off whenever she was drinking her wine,” Oliveras told ABC affiliate WLNE, pointing out the governor was ‘masked up’ when she entered the restaurant and when interacting with waitstaff.
Governor Gina Raimondo shut down gyms, told people to say home except for "essential activities," banned entertainment at bars, and her health secretary has COVID. She went out for wine and painting anyway. Stop listening to these people. https://t.co/DcudD4Lzjy @JesseKellyDC
— AidanKearneyTB (@tb_aidan) December 14, 2020
Meet Rhode Island's Gov Gina Raimondo – she told her citizens to stay home – she said they couldn't even go to a friends house for a visit.
And this is Gina all gussied up at a wine bar, mask-free for a xmas wine/art event.
Why are you still listening to these people? pic.twitter.com/I9GsGIXfeO
— Amy (@RestingTwitFace) December 17, 2020
#America another liberal hypocrite Governor from Rhode Island Gina Raimondo, was photographed at a wine bar after telling everyone else to stay home. This is how communism works, the elites have no laws for themselves , but impose their tyrannical ways on the innocent people !! pic.twitter.com/zpZGVCsPmZ
— Manny The Crazy Cuban (@cuban_manny) December 18, 2020
Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo is just the latest Democrat To Get Caught
Raimondo becomes the latest in a growing list of Democratic politicians to be caught defying their own lockdown guidance.
- Both California Governor Gavin Newsom and San Francisco Mayor London Breed were photographed at upscale Napa Valley restaurant The French Laundry, dining indoors with friends in flagrant defiance of statewide shutdown orders.
- Stuttering Alcoholic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, flew to San Francisco to get her hair blown out. Despite an order that all hair salons be shuttered.
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl was spotted at a restaurant dining outdoors last month, just a few hours after voting to shut down outdoor dining across the county.
- Steve Adler, the mayor of Austin, Texas, warned his constituents to stay home and “not relax” their vigilance against the virus threat – while he himself was on vacation in Mexico.
- Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, similarly ordered residents to “avoid travel” while waiting to board a cross-country flight to a family gathering in Mississippi.
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot was caught getting het haircut from professional stylists after she ordered all hair salons closed.
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, after imposing one of the strictest lockdowns in the country, faced backlash after her husband made a request to their boatyard asking if he could get their boat in the water by Memorial Day weekend.
- New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that his 89-year-old mother and two of his daughters would travel to his residence in Albany for Thanksgiving, after lecturing residents to forget seeing their families and avoid travel that might cause a spike in cases over the holiday.
This is one of the many reasons why Cuomo is the WORST Governor in America.
His arrogance and hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Do as I say, not as I do.
Rules for thee, but not for me.
Family for me, but none for you.
A despised, hypocritical, tyrannical, hubris-laden Governor? https://t.co/WLvF5vdypx
— Elise Stefanik (@EliseStefanik) November 23, 2020